incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:40:09 GMT
Aaron Bannert wrote:

> I noticed that you think the incubator PMC is responsible for doing the
> *work*
> of incubation. That is a false assumption. The Incubator is a place
> where new
> projects can be incubated. The contributors to the Incubator are those
> people who want to accomplish incubation. Anyone can contribute. The PMC
> exists solely for oversight of the process, not to implement the process.

Oversite implies some level of involvement - if there is oversite, then
it is part of the process, and therefore anyone doing oversite is
implementing their part of the process.

I don't see how you can be responsible and not also be involved at some
level.  That's having your cake and eating it too.

I'm starting to lean strongly towards a model of the Incubation project
providing the standards and procedures that assist those responsible for
the incubation of a particular project (the shepherd/mentor and the
"owning" PMC) in the discharge of their duties.

Cheers,
	Berin