incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Invitation to xmlbeans-dev
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 04:13:27 GMT
On 30/07/2003 23:55 Ted Leung wrote:

> If that means that I need to not have commit privileges, I will happily
> give them up.  I'm not saying that you shouldn't be a committer, I just
> want to make sure that we understand the precedent(s) that we are setting.
> Please let me know your thoughts on this,

Simple: it's not about the commit privileges, but about the ability to
cast a binding vote. Funny as it seems, Cocoon, the project I'm chairing
ATM, has quite a few community members with 'technical karma) who don't
regularly/ever contribute patches, but participate in discussions, and
can cast real votes, even can become member of our PMC. I know I'm
freaking out people describing such a hideous situation, but it works
rather well over there. ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org