incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:10:09 GMT
On 7/29/2003 3:06 PM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

>On 7/29/03 2:11 PM, "Ted Leung" <twleung@sauria.com> wrote:
>

>>On 7/29/2003 10:33 AM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>>

>>>On 7/29/03 1:01 PM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>>>

>>>That is an excellent idea.
>>>

>>Why are you blaming the XMLBeans guys for your not having your act
>>together?  It's all well and good for them to introduce themselves, but
>>that's not what is holding us up right now.  Right now, we're held up
>>because we don't  have a public mailing list where we can see whether
>>their behavior matches their talk.  They can say all they want about how
>>they want to work as a community and allow non BEA developers and so
>>forth, but we need to see them doing that.  I thought that was the point
>>of incubation.
>>

>Ted,
>
>Perhaps you didn't mean to reply to me, rather Nicola Ken.

I was replying to a bunch of people in one e-mail.  In the section
above, I was in fact replying to Nicola Ken.

I already asked infrastructure@ for this.

>You're a member, call for its dissolution.  Unfortunately, there is still a
>contingent of people that like the idea (regardless of its unsuccessful
>implementation) so I doubt you'll get consensus to dissolve it.  More than
>likely you'll be chided on how you should JOIN the Incubator PMC...

I'm going to see if its possible to get the XMLBeans guys through this
thing.  And we're going to document the
whole experience so that we have a case if it becomes necessary to go to
the board  and members to cut this thing down.

Ted