incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:48:42 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> Which is one of the things I'm having problems grappling with at the
>> moment.  Exactly what are the responsibilities of the various parties
>> in this process?
>

> It's simple:
>
> The Incubator PMC is responsible for the project. All others (can) help.

Not sure I understand?  (Call me slow :>).  I'm more trying to determine
how that responsibility is realised.

So for example, there is a requirement for a shepherd.  That person has
a set of responsibilities.  What are they?  How is this oversited by the
Incubator PMC?

And also - what is the PMC not responsible for?  I've seen in various
places that the Incubator makes no decisions on technical merits (makes
sense) of a new project/sub-project.

I notice in the STATUS file for the overall project, there is a plan for
a set of bylaws for the project.  I think that would be a great help.

It looks like this is all very much understood by those more intimately
involved in the incubation process.  For those of us coming in cold,
it's a tad confusing.

Cheers,
	Berin