incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:46:01 GMT

Berin Lautenbach wrote, On 25/07/2003 9.07:

> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
>> IMHO it depends on what the incubator PMC does.  If they *do* create the
>> lists and the such then maybe they should set policy (meaning telling
>> other
>> people what do do == policy).  If they rely on the XML project and the
>> XMLBeans folks to do things then they should allow the XML project and
>> XMLBeans folks to set their own policy.
>
> <FrustrationRant>

I am frutrated too, but I'm not ranting. Sorry, but it does not help
anyone to start ranting. You know how much time sometimes is needed to
take decisions in project, and the Incubator is a project itself.

> Which is one of the things I'm having problems grappling with at the
> moment.  Exactly what are the responsibilities of the various parties in
> this process?

It's simple:

The Incubator PMC is responsible for the project. All others (can) help.

> Tell me what I need to do, and I'll do it.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/STATUS?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/projects/

I'll try to update the site docs ASAP.

Please be patient, we need help.