incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Policy for incubating project resources (was Re: xmlbeans project )
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:07:45 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> IMHO it depends on what the incubator PMC does.  If they *do* create the
> lists and the such then maybe they should set policy (meaning telling other
> people what do do == policy).  If they rely on the XML project and the
> XMLBeans folks to do things then they should allow the XML project and
> XMLBeans folks to set their own policy.

Which is one of the things I'm having problems grappling with at the
moment.  Exactly what are the responsibilities of the various parties in
this process?

Incubator PMC?
Incubator team? (Is there such a thing?)
Sponsoring Project PMC?
New project?

Tell me what I need to do, and I'll do it.  It's extremely frustrating
to be in a situation where there is no clear direction, except to be
told what you can't do when it's suggested.

To be fair - that's a little heavy handed, particularly coming from an
interested bystander.  But (as Aaron notes in a later e-mail) this is a
fairly trivial thing.  If getting something trivial sorted out is this
difficult, it doesn't do much for one's confidence.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message