incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <>
Subject Re: xmlbeans project
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:55:02 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Ted,
>> If you look at this message in the tapestry-dev@jakarta mailing list
>> it seems clear that they went into the incubator @jakarta
>> So incubator folks, what is the correct policy here?
> Both Tapesptry and Lenya were special cases. We've set policy since
> then. All new projects come through Incubator (mail lists, sites, CVS).
> Best to just go with the flow.  One would also hope that future projects
> coming in take a while to incubate, and don't declare "success" and exit
> a mere couple of months after arriving. There is no allegation there of
> course :-)

Speaking as someone who has had to try to come up to speed with
incubation for the XMLBeans piece, it would be great to have all this
documented somewhere.

Chris was going to start something on Wiki.  I wonder if there is an
opportunity for some of us to start this and flesh it out with what
happens as we go along?

I will try to kick something off either tonight or in the next few days
unless there are violent objections?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message