incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some sparse nots about changes to the incubation process
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 14:38:37 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote, On 08/07/2003 16.17:

> Nicola,
>
>>Looking at how Lenya is now incubating, here are some notes, that aim to
>>resolve some problems that have arised in incubation.
>
> Lenya is marked (at least in CVS copy opf xdocs) as being affiliated to Incubator. It's
code is in
> Cocoon CVS.
>
>>1,2,3,4,5
>

> What is the problem you are trying to solve here?

There have been discussions on the PMC lists; mainly the problem is
about having a project look like and act like a normal Apache project,
while in fact it's not. It's *becoming* an Apache Project, but it might
as well fail. This has to be made very clear for the developers that
help it and for our users.

> I things are working quite sweetly, albeit
> quietly. Lets avoid CVS and mail-list surgery please.

I'm not advocating changes to the current projects. I'm advocating a
different way of handling the next one, XMLBeans.

> Let us also consider the downsides to CVS
> conglomeration.
>
> So -1.
>
> Also, I think our charter mentions Forrest for docs specifically?

Nope. If it does, it shouldn't.

> I see Maven becoming prevalent,  and it offeres so much
>, that I think it would be a good idea to all projects to switch to it.
> Thoughts?

Use what you prefer for your project, there is no rule to which
build-document-whatever system you use; just don'├Čt impose it on others.

(Forrest is much more advanced for Documentation BTW)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -