incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues with XMLBeans proposal
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:01:12 GMT

Greg Stein wrote, On 08/07/2003 9.58:
> On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 08:43:36AM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Greg Stein wrote, On 04/07/2003 1.24:
> Agreed. That's what I was trying to say, and my read on the board..
> You guys are misconstruing my statements.

Greg, I'm trying to explain in my own words what you have said.
I agree with you :-)

> And no, Jakarta is not just about "server side Java", when you look at
> things like Gump, Regexp, Taglibs, etc.

+1

>>>When Grisha Trubetskoy wanted to contribute mod_python to the ASF, a good
>>>number of people called for creating a 'python' TLP.
>>
>>I'd do it when they'll donate Python itself ;-)
>>Does wishful thinking work?
>
> Believe me, I suggested that years ago. The Python Software Foundation was
> started instead (Dick Hardt and I crafted the PSF bylaws based on the ASF's
> bylaws). The main backers of a PSF effort thought that the ASF was still too
> confusingly tied to the Apache HTTP Server (despite my protests). I think if
> we asked again, today, that the answer would be that Apache stands for much
> more. But the PSF has got its own momentum now, so there wouldn't be much
> benefit for them to fold up and merge the Python assets into the ASF.

Thanks for the explanation :-)

Why not add them as a "sister project"? .
(No replies necessary here, the "sister project" idea has some tangled
implications with another discussion, but you can still read it with
your Pythonic hat on ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -