incubator-general mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:56:30 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> Ted Leung wrote:
>
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>>> If XML.Apache is willing, as it seems, to cater for this project,
>>> I'll wait for a vote from them, an ACK from the Bea guys, and start
>>> preparing the hatcher :-)
>>>
>> I'm happy to invest some time in helping XMLBean get throught the
>> incubator -- speaking with my XML PMC and ASF member hat on.
>

> The idea of moving XMLBeans to incubation under the XML project and
> with the assistance of Ted gets a +1 from me with some caveats :
>
> 1. Current XMLBeans committers need to be comfortable with this
> resting with the XML project in the first instance. Note that I would
> hope that the umbrella project could be changed prior to exit from
> incubation if the feeling from the committers was that it should be.
>
> If the initial preference is Jakarta then please indicate! I'm
> definitely not trying to push a line here, and it's easy to switch the
> vote over to the Jakarta PMC :>.
>
> 2. Committer issues that have previously been discussed will need to
> be worked through during incubation (although that's really what
> incubation is about :>).
>
> +/- from other XML PMC members welcome.
>
> Further discussion also welcome!

hi,

based on what I have seen when looking on XMLBeans source code and
(limited) design documentation I beleive that this project is very
interesting and useful for Web Services so I have CCed general@ws
mailing list too.

It seems that BEA folks are willing to solve all remaining problems and
I think that it would be good if this project quickly gained more
mementum and I am willing to help with it (even though I am not Apache
XML commiter)

thanks,

alek

--
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. —Mario Andretti