incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <>
Subject Re: Some sparse nots about changes to the incubation process
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:44:38 GMT

> > What is the problem you are trying to solve here?
> There have been discussions on the PMC lists; mainly the problem is
> about having a project look like and act like a normal Apache project,
> while in fact it's not. It's *becoming* an Apache Project, but it might
> as well fail. This has to be made very clear for the developers that
> help it and for our users.

OK. Here's the deal. Incubator projects are not listed immediately off the main site, like
ones are. There is already some clarity with that design :-)
> I'm not advocating changes to the current projects. I'm advocating a
> different way of handling the next one, XMLBeans.

One depot will get mightily noisy dude. Especially for new-and-refactoring projects.
> > Let us also consider the downsides to CVS
> > conglomeration.
> >
> > So -1.
> >
> > Also, I think our charter mentions Forrest for docs specifically?
> Nope. If it does, it shouldn't.
> > I see Maven becoming prevalent,  and it offeres so much
> >, that I think it would be a good idea to all projects to switch to it.
> > Thoughts?
> Use what you prefer for your project, there is no rule to which
> build-document-whatever system you use; just don'├Čt impose it on others.
> (Forrest is much more advanced for Documentation BTW)

Knew that. But clover, pmd, simian, checkstyle and other reports are magic :-)

When will that Forrest plugin for Maven be ready ?

- Paul

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message