incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues with XMLBeans proposal
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:13:27 GMT
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 02:01:26PM -0400, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> So what in this ensures this will be a community-developed project and not
> just an Apache branded extension of BEA?  I really would like to see you
> guys involved in Apache, but not in a way the compromises Apache.

We are "safe" in the simple sense that we can absolutely shut it down at any
time. Either the Jakarta PMC, or if they take no action, then the Board
itself.

Note that the Board is just as concerned about projects being
corporate-owned under the ASF umbrella rather than truly ASF-owned. Our
mandate specifically requires us to be concerned, and to take action when
problems arise.

Personally, it sounds very much like Cliff has the right intentions and has
put a lot of thought into it. I might suggest there isn't much more need to
continue to grill him on the topic :-)

Cheers,
-g

--