incubator-general mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 18:09:01 GMT
On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 10:25 AM, Steven Noels wrote:

> On 6/07/2003 16:56 Aleksander Slominski wrote:
>
>> It seems that BEA folks are willing to solve all remaining problems and
>> I think that it would be good if this project quickly gained more
>> mementum and I am willing to help with it (even though I am not Apache
>> XML commiter)
>
> This proposal is still lacking a better mix of BEA- and non-BEA
> committers, so it seems like your offer to help comes at a good time. ;-)
>
> FWIW: I would suggest XMLBeans to be incubated inside the XML project,
> although Jakarta would be equally fine as well.

XMLBeans feels (to me) like a jakarta component but if xml are happy to
manage it, i'd say that it'd probably work out easier that way. there isn'
t any reason why XMLBeans couldn't be visible on the jakarta website and
as part of the jakarta community (which seem to be the main advantages
which components see in joining jakarta) whilst being managed by the xml
pmc (which would host their site and primary link).

- robert