incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andreas Kuckartz" <>
Subject Re: Invitation to xmlbeans-dev
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 04:16:06 GMT
Ted Leung <> wrote:

> Part of the Apache Way
> is that we admit committers based on their merits.   Right now, no one
> outside Cliff's list of commiters has submitted a single patch for
> XMLBeans.  I am uncomfortable with *me* having commit rights to xmlbeans
> when I haven't submitted any patches (the only justification for me
> having them is that I'm the sponsoring member, FWIW).   That's one issue.

"Contributors are the people who write code or documentation patches *or
contribute positively to the project in other ways*. A volunteer's
contribution is always recognized. [...]

"Contributors who give frequent and valuable contributions to a subproject
of the Project can have their status promoted to that of a "Committer" for
that subproject. [...]"
(my emphasis)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: