incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: basicPortal to incubator
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:26:43 GMT
In the long term if you stick around, Tetsuya, you'll likely be a member.
At that time you can obviously sponsor it.  I'm afraid you've just been
voted in (premature I suppose to call it but a reasonable deduction) as a
committer at Jakarta and thus I don't think you're ready for this in any
sense of the meaning.  I have no doubt that given time you'll be in a
position to sponsor it.

You'll have to learn to walk the gauntlet of flames and survive of course,
but I've no doubt you'll make it ;-)

-Andy

On 6/3/03 9:13 AM, "Tetsuya Kitahata" <tetsuya.kitahata@nifty.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:44:00 -0400
> (Subject: Re: basicPortal to incubator)
> "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The move is actually away from such things.  His problem is that he hasn't
>> interested any sponsoring member.  What Jakarta projects he has is
>> irrelevant to that.  He needs:
>>
>> 1. a masochistic sponsoring member willing to go through it
>> 2. a community
>> 3. BSDish license.
>> 4. adopt apache voting rules
>
> Wow, I see. Thank you for the explanation, Andy.
>
> I'd been curious to know the status of the portion of "basicPortal"
> into Jakarta Project before his mail in incubator-general (27th,
> May).
> To tell the truth, I'd tried to contact him (vc@basebeans.com and
> vcekvenich@baseBeans.com and basebeans@users.sourceforge.net ..
> I sought Vic's e-mail address via google etc., and the three above
> were rejected from the server) and failed. Finally, come to know
> his "alive" e-mail address here in incubator-general and succeeded
> in talk with him personally (It was a long way...).
>
> I'd come to know the "basicPortal" because I searched the
> jakarta-general mailing list the other day and viewed apachewiki.
> (I had not been in jakarta-general for a few months..)
>
> Now I am not PMC or committer in Jakarta, but personally
> I am curious in this project. After I can download it successfully
> (I still fail in download.. It's too big!) and confirm the
> quality of the product, I am willing to be a part of your power, Vic.
>
> Sincerely,
> Tetsuya.
>

>> I've no idea about 2-4 but he lacks #1 which is probably the most important
>> pre-requisite.  Although Vic's persistence certainly makes him worthy, the
>> project doesn't excite me.  Perhaps Vic could contribute to other projects
>> and then try getting it into Jakarta Commons (which it sounds candidate for)
>> and go from there...  (the long route)
>>
>> -Andy
>>
>> On 6/3/03 7:06 AM, "Tetsuya Kitahata" <tetsuya.kitahata@nifty.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have one question. If Vic Cekvenich will hunt some projects
>>> similar (from the point of view of using Tomcat and Struts, JSTL)
>>> to his project, can he form a new top project?
>>> (e.g. "Jerry Project" -- basicPortal under Jerry Project)
>>>
>>> Maybe his project doesn't qualify as a top level project,
>>> but I think this above would give more choices to him.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Tetsuya.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> On Wed, 28 May 2003 02:58:02 +0200