incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: basicPortal to incubator
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:44:00 GMT
The move is actually away from such things.  His problem is that he hasn't
interested any sponsoring member.  What Jakarta projects he has is
irrelevant to that.  He needs:

1. a masochistic sponsoring member willing to go through it
2. a community
3. BSDish license.
4. adopt apache voting rules

I've no idea about 2-4 but he lacks #1 which is probably the most important
pre-requisite.  Although Vic's persistence certainly makes him worthy, the
project doesn't excite me.  Perhaps Vic could contribute to other projects
and then try getting it into Jakarta Commons (which it sounds candidate for)
and go from there...  (the long route)

-Andy

On 6/3/03 7:06 AM, "Tetsuya Kitahata" <tetsuya.kitahata@nifty.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have one question. If Vic Cekvenich will hunt some projects
> similar (from the point of view of using Tomcat and Struts, JSTL)
> to his project, can he form a new top project?
> (e.g. "Jerry Project" -- basicPortal under Jerry Project)
>
> Maybe his project doesn't qualify as a top level project,
> but I think this above would give more choices to him.
>
> Best Regards,
> Tetsuya.
>
> --
>
> On Wed, 28 May 2003 02:58:02 +0200