incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: basicPortal to incubator
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:40:30 GMT
On 4/06/2003 14:58 Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> No one bother to flame, I'm done.

Are mild chuckles allowed? (;->

The incubation process of Lenya went along the same unregulated road,
but maybe the grease left by Tapestry helped in reducing the amount of
flames apparently inherent to the process.

_Persistent_ involvement of the sponsoring member(s) during the
'process' is also a thing to emphasize, and not only for infrastructural
matters (which in the case of Lenya were handled swiftly by Sander &
Pier). Especially if the project is eager to leave incubation, but 'not
quite there yet'. The first and the last {$unit-of-time} of the process
certainly are the most visible ones, with the usual chest-thumping and
all that, but it is my sincere belief (given my small experience with
Lenya now) that the time in-between start & finish is critical to the
survival of the project after 'graduation'.

Just my 0.02 EUR, if any Lenyatic wants to chime in, please do.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org