incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tetsuya.kitah...@nifty.com>
Subject Re: basicPortal to incubator
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:13:42 GMT

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:44:00 -0400
(Subject: Re: basicPortal to incubator)
"Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver@apache.org> wrote:

> The move is actually away from such things.  His problem is that he hasn't
> interested any sponsoring member.  What Jakarta projects he has is
> irrelevant to that.  He needs:
>
> 1. a masochistic sponsoring member willing to go through it
> 2. a community
> 3. BSDish license.
> 4. adopt apache voting rules

Wow, I see. Thank you for the explanation, Andy.

I'd been curious to know the status of the portion of "basicPortal"
into Jakarta Project before his mail in incubator-general (27th,
May).
To tell the truth, I'd tried to contact him (vc@basebeans.com and
vcekvenich@baseBeans.com and basebeans@users.sourceforge.net ..
I sought Vic's e-mail address via google etc., and the three above
were rejected from the server) and failed. Finally, come to know
his "alive" e-mail address here in incubator-general and succeeded
in talk with him personally (It was a long way...).

I'd come to know the "basicPortal" because I searched the
jakarta-general mailing list the other day and viewed apachewiki.
(I had not been in jakarta-general for a few months..)

Now I am not PMC or committer in Jakarta, but personally
I am curious in this project. After I can download it successfully
(I still fail in download.. It's too big!) and confirm the
quality of the product, I am willing to be a part of your power, Vic.

Sincerely,
Tetsuya.