incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website update
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:07:11 GMT

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote, On 02/04/2003 18.42:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>>I have a cron job that I add and remove items by request.  I'd be
>>willing to add /www/incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver, but first
>>CVS/Root will need to be something other than
>>:pserver:nicolaken@localhost:/home/cvs.
>

> augh!  absolutely.  all of the site needs to be checked out from
> :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
>
> that's how we do the sites.  no personal checkouts from the
> writable repository.

It took me a couple of minutes to understand the above... because what I
did was to checkout the site *locally*, then copy it to daedalus via
scp! If you look at things this way the above makes no sense. 8-)

But now I start getting it... I log on daedalus, cd into that dir and do
a cvs update... geez, I'm so used to seeing cvs only used for automatic
updates, that I didn't understand this thing that for you is so clear... LOL

>>Let me know and I will replace what you put up there with a clean
>>checkout and then I'll add it to my list of directories to automatically
>>be updated every six hours.
>
> if that's how individual projects under incubation want it
> done, i think that's up to them.  but the main incubator
> site.. no.

Ok, I'm fine with it, especially now that I understand better =8-)

I'd propose that Sam sets up FTPServer and AltRMI projects for automatic
  updates by his script, as this is how was initially requested by Paul
and how we are used to at Jakarta. If there is no objection, please go
ahead Sam.

We'll keep the main site manually updated though.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -