incubator-general mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject [altrmi] Bug in AbstractCompleteSocketStreamServer
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:46:17 GMT
I found a bug in the AbstractCompleteSocketStreamServer.

The code sets the internal state to STARTING, then fires off the thread
to monitor the socket, then sets the state to STARTED.

The thread that monitors the socket does its thing as long as the state
is STARTED. I'm seeing the monitor thread start and immediately exit
since the state has not yet been changed to started.

My question is, what is the proper fix, skipping the STARTING state and
going straight to STARTED? Or set STARTED right before spawning the
monitor thread, or in the monitor thread go into a loop if the state is
STARTING?
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org