incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator DOA (Re: [STATUS] Tapestry [LACK-OF] Progress)
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:41:32 GMT
>> Don't cry to me about ignored bits if you can't bother to use CVS.
>
> In that case forget it.  I won't waste my time.   There is no middle
> ground.

Obviously you have more of a passion for quitting than you do for
making progress.  Why did you volunteer to be the shepherd?

>  I think the incubator is a waste.  I try and work on something
> constructive and you say "it must be done my way or it will be
> ingored" well.

No, I said that if it isn't in CVS, then it won't be noticed by
incubator,
since our project memory is in CVS and always will be.  I don't care
what
your opinion of incubator is or why you think pissing and moaning is
constructive, but making progress is a simple concept that should be
understandable by any Apache committer.

> . . In that case, I'm not getting paid for this, its not worth my
> time.  My interest is in seeing tapestry part of Jakarta not debugging
> the incubator that I think is a bad idea anyhow.  If its what I make
> it, I wish to make the incubator into a cabbage.

Which is why no progress is being made on incubation, because you aren't
making any and would rather wait until someone else turns the cabbage
into something useful.  All fine and good, but stop complaining about it
if you aren't willing to make it better.

....Roy