incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator DOA (Re: [STATUS] Tapestry [LACK-OF] Progress)
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:18:36 GMT
> With all due respect Roy, thats not fair.  They've asked, they've
> begged, both
> here and the incubator.

I was talking about incubator.  I notice that somebody forwarded their
request
to infrastructure, which is where it should go.

>> Who is the RM for incubation of Tapestry?  We have a STATUS file:
>
> Define RM.

release manager -- that person responsible for building a release
candidate,
which in our case translates into someone preparing the project for
exit from the incubator.

>>    incubator/projects/tapestry/STATUS
>>
>> I see no evidence of any progress of Tapestry towards fulfilling the
>> conditions on incubation.  Does that mean the STATUS file needs
>> updating?
>> Please let me know who should have commit access to it.
>
> What are those conditions?

The same ones you have been saying all along.  Copyright, verification
of IP rights (meaning the ASF can distribute the code), establishment
of a list of active committers, documented decisions by those committers
to do things (like release code, move to Jakarta, etc.), and
organizational
acceptance of responsibility for the project (i.e., a vote by the
destination PMC or creation of a new PMC by the board).

> Give commit access to Howard Lewis Ship and let him know
> what the conditions are.  I'm sure he'll be happy to update it.

Done.  All committers for tapestry and altrmi now have commit access to
incubator and incubator-site.

....Roy