incubator-general mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-site/build/site/projects/altrmi/api/org/apache/altrmi/server/impl/socket AbstractCompleteSocketStreamServer.html AbstractPartialSocketStreamServer.html CompleteSocketCustomStreamPipedBinder.html CompleteSocketCustomStreamPipedConnection.html CompleteSocketCustomStreamServer.html
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:17:05 GMT

On Sunday, March 16, 2003, at 11:42  PM, Paul Hammant wrote:

> Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
>> Sorry to be a nag, but are these all just autogenerated from
>> javadoc? Surely javadoc output need not be in CVS.
>>
>> -aaron
>
> Stricktly speaking, there is no need at all for a xxx-site CVS module
> for any Apache projects. You could build the lot to the dir it will be
> served from.
>
> Anyone step in with policy for Javadocs for Incubator?

We don't need policy, we need common sense. Do we really need to be
littering cvs commit mailing lists with hundreds of lines of redundant
diffs (especially things like "This file was autogenerated at
hh:mm:ss")??

This isn't a black and white issue. There are some cases where it is
useful to have xxx-site CVS modules. I'm just trying to figure out
where this one falls.

-aaron