incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator Project
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 05:03:49 GMT
The easiest thing to do is to build an existing codebase and attract a
community to it first.  It may be easier to start this elsewhere on
neutral ground like http://sourceforge.net.  If you have an interesting
project, I'd be happy to help advise on Apache voting rules, community
building,
etc for such a project.

-Andy...the one who is crying because his Palm V crashed for the first
time in 3 or so years and lost all of his data and he hasn't backed it
up in about a year :-(

Bharat Welingkar wrote:

>Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
>
>I work in Palm Inc. and there has been some interest in forming an incubator project under
Apache License for advancing enterprise mobile software components to wider audience. I have
visited the incubator project page (which seems to be under construction) as well as read
the FAQ, but can't seem to figure out what is the next step. Perhaps if you can forward this
to appropriate person or send me information on who I need to talk to, I would appreciate
it.

>Thanks.
>
>Bharat Welingkar
>Application Architect, Palm Inc.
>
><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />400
N. McCarthy Blvd. Milpitas, CA 95035, 408.503.7069