incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-altrmi/lib/optional excalibur-lifecycle-1.0.jar
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:20:12 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote, On 19/03/2003 18.16:
>>Do jars in CVS suck? They do.
>>Does downloading all that stuff suck. Sure it does.
>>
>>repository@apache.org already has working codebases that give a solution
>>to this problem to choose from. What we need is to set up the
>>infrastructure.
>
> Or switch to Maven.

Or use Krysalis Ruper.
Or use Ant get task.
Or...

Maven is not operating the repository in Apache. We should have the
releases of our files start from Apache with a chain of trust. That's
what we have to set up, by having project place the jars in the mirror
system and use those.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -