incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:PMC] Release Tapestry to Jakarta
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:01:11 GMT
I agree with you howard.  It just doesn't matter that I agree.  The
trouble is the wording doesn't make it clear in Java althought I agree
the intent of the license is what you say.

I asked Sam Ruby about this and he said something to the effect of
without clarification would you want to leave it up to twelve random
people?

He does have a point.  Look at section 6 in the LGPL..  thats the main
part in dispute.

So lets say IBM included Tapestry in Websphere.. Yes they can release it
under whatever license they want, but do they have to release their
source?

-Andy