incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator DOA (Re: [STATUS] Tapestry [LACK-OF] Progress)
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:01:58 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>>> Don't cry to me about ignored bits if you can't bother to use CVS.
>>

>> In that case forget it.  I won't waste my time.   There is no middle
>> ground.
>

> Obviously you have more of a passion for quitting than you do for
> making progress.  Why did you volunteer to be the shepherd?

For TAPESTRY and prior to the creation of the incubator.  I have NO
passion for the incubator.  I think its a bad idea in its current
implimentation.

>> . . In that case, I'm not getting paid for this, its not worth my
>> time.  My interest is in seeing tapestry part of Jakarta not
>> debugging the incubator that I think is a bad idea anyhow.  If its
>> what I make it, I wish to make the incubator into a cabbage.
>

> Which is why no progress is being made on incubation, because you aren't
> making any and would rather wait until someone else turns the cabbage
> into something useful.  All fine and good, but stop complaining about it
> if you aren't willing to make it better.

No, progress is being made on Tapestry's legal compliance and fitting in
with Jakarta.  Tapestry already had met the community guidelines before
being accepted into the "incubator".  Making progress on getting
infrastructural resources is always very slow at Apache and probably
always will be.

The incubator will always be a cabbage.  What does a cabbage have to do
with Tapestry's incubation?  Exactly.

-Andy