incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator DOA (Re: [STATUS] Tapestry [LACK-OF] Progress)
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:07:32 GMT

>Again, IMO, I don't see the Incubator in the role you're thinking of. If the
>Incubator is mostly about logistics rather than evaluation, then there is no
>potential for rejection. They simply won't hit the Incubator if there wasn't
>a sponsor PMC to say "we'll take them when you're done".

There in lies the catch 22.  The PMCs don't see a need to vote a
"pseudo-acceptence" and point people to the incubator. . The incubator
then points them back at the PMC.

I don't like searching archives, but this has happened already.

If it were clearly spelled out it would help.. . However I'm not
volunteering since like its not clear to me either.  (I could write
something but it would be a lie ;-) )

-Andy