incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Incubator DOA (Re: [STATUS] Tapestry [LACK-OF] Progress)
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:27:33 GMT
Greg,

>>Does anyone want to step down from Incubator PMC?  I'll step up (though
>>like many I'm pressured for spare hours in the day).  I promise to
>>answer emails directed at the PMC, and vote though whenever
>>opportunities arise.  I'm on the Avalon PMC and have been an Apache
>>committer for about three years.
>>

>Nobody needs to step down to "make room". The size of PMCs is unlimited. If
>you want to participate, then do so. Simultaneous with your stepping up to
>actually get stuff done, I would expect the Incubator Chair (Jim) to start a
>vote on adding you to the PMC. (technically, he could just add you :-), but
>I suspect he'd want to take a vote first)
>
>As with any PMC participation, it is usually based on demonstrable effort.
>And I don't think you have to be on the PMC to participate either...

OK, a little selling then..

I've already stepped up to work on incubator-site.  Clearly the need for
me was to get AltRMI listed on the site, but I found it had not been
updated in a while. I did a small amount of repair work and updated the
whole site.  Unsung at that stage, though root was involved in giving me
karma to the site. I generally take the attiude of if it needs doing
then do it.

Maybe part of my offer to chair swap with someone on the PMC, was
perhaps to give anyone the opportunity to step down. Anyone who may lack
the time to do anything for incubator presently ....

- Paul