incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:PMC] Release Tapestry to Jakarta
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:54:13 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> You can integrate with Gump regardless of Maven.  Its just configuring
> gump is a royal pain in the butt.

Pppbbbttt.

Apparently creating the following is beyond Andy's abilities:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-gump/project/jakarta-tapestry.xml?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

In any case, this is just a *starter* definition.  What needs to be
added is lines for each dependency and for each property that needs to
be overridden.  The way I generally approach this is to start with a
minimal set and then add only what is absolutely necessary until I get
to a failure that I can't get past.

In this case, I didn't get very far.  The build aborts quickly unless
jboss is present.

Once this is resolved, I am willing to help.  Or you can update the
project definition directly.  Or you can ask for help on
gump@jakarta.apache.org... there are plenty of friendly people there.

Meanwhile, you should get daily reminders that this is not complete
delivered to tapestry-dev@jakarta.apache.org.  ;-)

> I figured
> that if Maven is Gump-integrated then it should be easier to mavenize
> and take advantage of maven's gump integration.

Maven has code which will produce a gump descriptor, but no code that
will consume one.  Conversely gump has no code for producing or
consuming Maven descriptors, though Jason has offered to help out by
writing a sax based parser for the Maven descriptor.

In short, Maven integration can help with Gump integration, but at the
present time, the reverse is not true.

- Sam Ruby