incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:PMC] Release Tapestry to Jakarta
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:33:25 GMT
Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

>All audit issues have been taken care of, per the schedule I posted on the
>Audit.

What about jfreechart and jcommon?

I also don't buy that JAXP is ASL.  Its that funky sun license.
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryAudits/Feb2003

>The GPL module and all code that imports it no longer exists (we could
>remove the ,v file from the repository I suppose).
>The LPGL modules used in demos are no longer in the repository, or shippped
>as part of the demo.

If the demos are linked to LGPL it is the boards current position that
they cannot be part of the project.
I've emailed for clarification on this to the FSF's lawyer.  Next step,
I email stallman.  We'll see if this changes.

If you can get specific exemption from those projects that they intend
that you can link without any license terms infecting your code, then
you can probably get a dispensation (I'd query the board first).  The
problem is that most projects will be like "yeah thats what LGPL means"...
some may understand your unique political situation and be like "cool
we're used in an apache project" but I guess it depends.

>Dion is helping out with Maven integraton.  I'm tapped out in terms of
>bandwidth and haven't had time to learn Maven.  This is the first step to
>Gump integration, right?

You can integrate with Gump regardless of Maven.  Its just configuring
gump is a royal pain in the butt.  I figured
that if Maven is Gump-integrated then it should be easier to mavenize
and take advantage of maven's gump integration.
The same is achievable via Centipede but one could presume you'd loose
Dions help if you went that route and I'm very
tapped at the moment.

Thanks,

Andy