incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:PMC] Release Tapestry to Jakarta
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:05:45 GMT
-1 until all audit issues are resolved:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryAudits/Feb2003 -
Its my duty as a member of the foundation and as a sponsoring member of
tapestry to sit watch over this and I take it seriously.

and until Tapestry builds under Gump.  (not an official requirement just
mine as a sponsoring member)

Once both of those are resolved I'll change that to a +1 not before.
While I agree that the incubator in its current form has been a wasteful
excercise.  The incubation period itself proved useful in that it
exposed issues that I was not aware of (regarding GPL jars used in
example code).
I'm torn, I consider the incubator itself to be a failure and the
process (or lack there of) to have dragged on, but the "incubation
period" has itself been useful if only for this purpose.  Take that as a
statement of support supposing you seriously refactor and rescope
(smaller) the incubator.

-Andy