incubator-general mailing list archives

From "B. W. Fitzpatrick" <f...@red-bean.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-site/build/site/projects/altrmi/api/org/apache/altrmi/server/impl/socket AbstractCompleteSocketStreamServer.html AbstractPartialSocketStreamServer.html CompleteSocketCustomStreamPipedBinder.html CompleteSocketCustomStreamPipedConnection.html CompleteSocketCustomStreamServer.html
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:45:39 GMT

Paul Hammant <Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com> writes:
> Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
> > Sorry to be a nag, but are these all just autogenerated from
> > javadoc? Surely javadoc output need not be in CVS.
> >
> > -aaron
>
> Stricktly speaking, there is no need at all for a xxx-site CVS module
> for any Apache projects. You could build the lot to the dir it will be
> served from.
>
> Anyone step in with policy for Javadocs for Incubator?

Well, I'd hate to start composing policy without a little more
background on what's going on.

First, is there a good reason to have these generated javadoc/jars in CVS
if someone can build them?

If we need to make the jars available to the public, then I would
suggest a nightly builds directory.  The rule that I've always
followed WRT version control is that derived products are never placed
under VC--it's redundant.

But there may be a good reason to store javadoc/jars in VC, and if
there is I'd like to hear what it is.

-Fitz

--
Brian W. Fitzpatrick    <fitz@red-bean.com>   http://www.red-bean.com/fitz/