incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:PMC] Release Tapestry to Jakarta
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:26:43 GMT
Votes should not take place on the pmc list.

> Tapestry has a vibrant community, that has already suffered too much
> from our incubation "experiment", and that is well taken care of by
> Dion, Andy, and all the other Jakarta friends.
>
> I thereby bropose that we "release" Tapestry so that it becomes
> officially part of Jakarta, and that the Jakarta PMC fully takes it in
> charge.

-1.  I see no evidence that the task has been accomplished.  Accomplish
the task and then the Tapestry committers and Jakarta committers can
choose to house Tapestry wherever they like.  The point of incubator
is to make sure such self-governing committer groups exist in order
for them to make the decision, not for us to make the decision for them.

....Roy