incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <rothf...@abstrakt.ch>
Subject Re: Proposal for Lenya
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:35:30 GMT
"Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org> wrote in message
news:20030221014027.GA7537@expresso.localdomain...
> FWIW, here's my +1 for Incubatorship.  I see Lenya as tackling all the
> problems that Forrest would eventually encounter, if we ignored the
> blatant scope creep.  It would be very cool if Lenya and Forrest were
> eventually two different 'profiles' of a common technology set.

hi,

i think forrest may turn out to be a wonderful "immediate value"
publication for lenya. we have been looking at ways to lower
the entry barriers into lenya, and having a well-supported
publication that works out of the box would be very sweet.

i saw some discussion recently about how to make documentation
tasks easier. maybe we can help with the browser-based xml editors
we integrated into lenya:

www.bitfluxeditor.org (mozilla only)
www.xopus.org (ie, mozilla mostly working, waiting on xpath fixes in moz)

it would be (relatively) easy to make these editors ready for xdocs.

disclaimer: i havent looked into forrest deeper than a cursory
glance :)

there is certainly a lot of scope for collaboration, and both
could be part of stefanos "xml content editing" stack.

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss                   gregor.rothfuss@oscom.org
CMS conferences, interop, advocacy, projects  http://oscom.org