incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Lenya
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:41:05 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>> Anybody else with comments, either positive or negative?
>>

> Just a few thoughts: I spent this morning browsing the Lenya code from
> CVS and so far I have mixed feelings about the project. Basically I'm
> unable to see an "architecture" in the whole codebase, it seems to me
> more a set of Cocoon components glued together around specific project
> needs than a real CMS framework.

+1, and a major worry to me ATM. My remark on the 'cms features being
implemented per-publication' was aimed directly at this, and the more I
look into the collection of sitemaps, the more I see some clean-sheet
[RT]-ing would be a Good Thing.

> This said, Lenya can be a good starting point to talk about a CMS built
> upon Cocoon, even if I foresee major changes and challenges forthcoming.
> It seems to me anyway that the Wyona guys are more than open for
> discussing it and well aware that this Apache incubation might lead to
> something radically different to what they got until now, and this is
> good news.

+1, they have already shown good spirit in answering my pesky (but
benevolent) remarks.

> In short: they have a codebase, and they have a good community around
> it, so here is my (informal) +1 to this incubation, together with a
> personal commitment to follow closely this project and help wherever I can.

I'm glad to see you jump up as well.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org