incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Lenya
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:46:10 GMT
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> i think forrest may turn out to be a wonderful "immediate value"
> publication for lenya. we have been looking at ways to lower
> the entry barriers into lenya, and having a well-supported
> publication that works out of the box would be very sweet.

Hm. This is the kind of dicussion we'd better move to
wyonacms-dev@wyona.org until the proper Apache lists have been created.

Could you clarify to us Lenya newbies what defines a 'publication'? And
how 'publications' relate to the content management features Lenya
offers? Is the CMS stuff (editing, staging, ...) to be implemented
per-publication?

FYI, Forrest's most valuable assets are XML grammars and a clever set of
pipelines that render a set of docs across a standard skinning system to
websites. The set of ins and outs is not as big as we would like to see,
but we have some notions about site hierarchy management and
publication. And we can configure pipelines depending on the XML grammar
of the content being passed through it.

http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites/xml-forrest/your-project.html and
http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites/xml-forrest/linking.html are
required reading if you want to learn more about Forrest (oh yes, there
were times we had more docs than features in Forrest, since most of the
Forrest committers really dig pointy brackets :-)

Could you point us to a similar entry-level overview of Lenya? Or
sitemaps we need to read & understand?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org