incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Lenya
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:29:35 GMT
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

<snip />

>>Sure thing. Since Lenya does publishing too, what is the future of
>>Forrest in your scenario?

To be honest, I am not very familiar with Forrest yet.

But from out of the belly I would characterize Forrest as a specific
publication type,
with an information architecture suited for software projects, with
various skins/layouts
to choose from and a specific set of functionalities, such as for
instance to create the site
automatically out of CVS (right?).

Hence I guess Lenya could be used to manage an instance of the "Forrest
publication type"
whereas Forrest could be considered as a best practice publication type.

But maybe I am totally wrong, because as I said above I am not very
familiar with Forrest
and I am sure there are many other people which are much better able to
steer collaboration
into the right direction.

Thanks

Michael