incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Lenya
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:24:24 GMT
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> You seem to be concerned that the software is *used* in productive
> environments.
>
> Do software developers who want to change the code have to take that into
> account? Yes, certainly they should do that.
>
> Is that an argument against the adoption of the software? No, quite the
> opposite.

No, I'm happy to see it in active use. I fear however that heavy
(backward-incompatible) redesign and rearchitecturing will be hindered
by the existing installations. Again, this is just thinking out aloud.

I find the overall reaction to this proposal to be only lukewarm. This
is worrying me even more.

Thanks for this open discussion.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org