incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <>
Subject Re: OpenSAML VOTE Results (was Re: [VOTE] Accept OpenSAML as part of Web Services )
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:40:26 GMT
Clarify this for me.  I might contribute to this OpenSAML, which I'm
free to do as a member of Apache who would hence have license.  However
if I take this back to my company (outside of Apache) I must then seek
another license which by intent (though not by agreement) would again be
Royalty free?

Scott Cantor wrote:

>>Below is what seems the last mail on this subject on this
>>list. Reading that, I tend to think that the incubator, at
>>this point, is capable of taking a formal position on this matter, and we
>>should probably ask the board.
>RSA posted a new statement on the SSTC web site and confirmed the intent to offer royalty
free licenses to anyone building a
>toolkit, and stating the builder's obligation to inform users that they also must obtain
a license, so that's the situation.
>The license itself is still not available, and I would be surprised if it showed up all
that soon, frankly.
>-- Scott
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: