incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE:RESULTl] AltRMI joins incubator project
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:25:19 GMT

It has been decided by the Avalon and Incubator communities and PMCs
that Apache Avalon Excalibur AltRMI [1] project moves to the incubator
with the final goal of becoming soon part of an Apache project.

Therefore, as a PMC member of both Avalon and Incubator, and following
the results of a vote that took place on both projects, I request that:

  - the project is assigned a CVS space in

      incubator/altrmi

      * root, please assign the commit privs there for these
      initial project committers:

       - hammant@apache.org
       - vinayc@apache.org
       - leif@apache.org
       - jefft@apache.org
       - proyal@apache.org
       - blorisch@apache.org

  - a mailing list called (alternative suggested names welcome)

     projects@incubator.apache.org

    is set up for all projects that will live in the incubator
    (when the traffic is high enough they can ask to spin off their own)

    * apmail, can you please set it up and have it archived
      on eyebrowe?

  - a site space is given to be used under

     incubator.apache.org/projects/altrmi

      * root, please assign the commit privs there too for these
      initial project committers.

I will be the incubator PMC member that will overlook this project here,
and will work with this project to define ASAP a nice landing place for
the project, that will be under one of the Apache Projects.
I will update our site to reflect these changes.

Finally, a note about a typical java issue: the package name will be

   org.apache.altrmi

Thank you all for the help and the patience :-)

[1] AltRMI is a project made by some Avalon committers that is already
used in Apache and non-Apache projects. It's a from-scratch replacement
for RMI, which is the java API for remote method invocation.

Avalon is reorganizing and spinning of projects that are out of scope,
and AltRMI is one of those.

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/altrmi/

             - verba volant, scripta manent -