incubator-general mailing list archives

From Scott Cantor <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject RE: OpenSAML VOTE Results (was Re: [VOTE] Accept OpenSAML as part of Web Services )
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:43:37 GMT
> Humm..  I'll read it again but thats not what I got out of it.  It
> seemed to say that licenses will be available for the
> endusers and that we must inform them.

Yes. And that license is supposed to be royalty free. Thus, I have no idea how that leads
to Apache being a development subsidiary
of RSA. RSA gets one thing out of it, aside from a lot of wasted paperwork...more people using
SAML. So, the issue for me is solely
what they decide to do in the future.

> That is a problem as well, however my problem is that it requires
> endusers to acquire an additional license.

Ok. As long as it's clear that it's not a royalty-based license, that's all I'm attempting
to clarify.

-- Scott