incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: request: access to incubator-site
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:49:49 GMT

Sander Striker wrote:
> [...]

[...]
>>IIUC it was somehow said and somehow agreed that it would be the
>>opposite, it that Apache practices be described in incubator and linked
>>to from other projects.
>

> I can't seem to be able to find that.  I was able to find a section in
> STATUS suggesting the oposite:
>
> "Possible topics for educational documents
>  [...]
>      o Compact, but also encyclopedic link-directory which points
>        to important info on the other ASF sites (e.g. to the Jakarta
>        Charter or to the HTTPd dev pages)
> "

Yes.
I'm talking about what has been said in some mailing lists and what is
the perception of some and mine too of where one would find some info.
I would personally prefer having generic info in one place, ie here, but
even then it would probably be a second step anyway.

Leo, why don't you send us instead pages with links to the resources in
the ASF that talk about this? Then go for a site change on
http://www.apache.org/dev/ with integrated info.

>>One place for all the general info about these
>>practices seems nice and easy.
>
> Since http://www.apache.org/dev/ already holds some crucial information
> for developers, adding it there makes the most sense to me.

Yes, I concede it does.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -