incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: New Jakarta proposal: Pluto
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:03:42 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> I would like to state my support and desire to be involved in the
> project.  I do kinda think a project proposal might be premature since
> the specification isn't public yet.

I was trying not to post the obvious, but yes: this seems largely
premature. No code, a restricted community, too much committers coming
from one company, I've seen better proposals being fought over lately.
Also, possible future integration 'ideas' with some related projects
would be comforting (Jetspeed, Tomcat, Struts/Tiles, and the Cocoon
portal framework for a starter).

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org