incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:39:43 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> The tapestry developers have demonstrated a fair amount of patience,
> persistence, and good humour in all of this.  Each time we have set the
> bar, they have risen to the challenge, and we have responded by raising
> the bar.  My request is that we set the bar one last time.  This time
> for good.

To me it seems all this tells more about 'our' situation rather than
Tapestry. Is their CVS module created yet? We do have a list of
committers (http://tapestry.sourceforge.net/dev_frame.html, just add
some email addresses which I'm sure Andy will provide, or look at
http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=4754), set up 2
mailing lists, and done.

They know they have to go through some painfull package renaming to
better fit with the rest, they sure know how to handle CVS when we've
got things set up for them, they're pretty eager to come over.

Incubator for a project which states "Tapestry is a community project,
and now follows the Apache meritocracy rules to guide its future
development." on its site, has 6 active committers and a busy mailing
list? Naaah. They should be a proper Jakarta subproject right from the
start if that is OK with them.

(withdrawing to my cave)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org