incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Tapestry?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 05:21:01 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
>
>> I thought Sam had already said +1 after incubation:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/general@jakarta.apache.org/msg06679.html
>
> It certainly has my +1.  And hasn't gotten any feedback from any other
> PMC members, either positive or negative.  My read is that if anybody
> disagreed, they would have expressed their opinion.  But mostly, I think
> that people are unclear about the process.
>
> What is expected here?  Ken, if what you seek is an agreement in
> principle, then I believe you have it.
>
> If, however, you want what amounts to a "blank check", i.e., a binding
> vote that Jakarta will accept the morphed version of Tapestry that
> emerges from the Incubator, then I will start a push to get all Jakarta
> PMC members to cast a vote.  If there were to be such a vote, my vote
> will be a +1 based on my trust and confidence in the members of the
> Incubator team, but I'm just warning you in advance that there might be
> pushback.

it would be nice to have such a binding answer from the jakarta project,
and even nicer to have interested parties from jakarta (including but
not limited to andy) watching and participating in the process to a) ensure
that tapestry doesn't morph away from what jakarta agreed to accept, and
b) help the incubator people identify and fix issues.  just as andy and dIon
have already done in this very thread (thanks!).
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"