incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Proposal AGAIN
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 21:50:00 GMT
Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Is anyone able to answer these?
>
> -a

Answers below.  AGAIN.  [*]

> On Tuesday, December 31, 2002, at 07:32  PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
>> So, what will Tapestry gain from becoming an Apache project?

 From
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=103495142031598&w=2 :

"Tapestry would benefit from Jakarta in terms of greater exposure and
acceptance, but also in terms of better infrastructure, such as Bugzilla
and Maven."

>> Also, are there any other Apache people (members, committers,
>> contributors, etc) interested in joining this community?

 From
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryProposal :

"Andrew C. Oliver
dIon Gillard"

- Sam Ruby

[*] I've been pondering The Apache Way(TM) of late.  This style of
challenge and parry is an example.  I also note a tendency towards
"battles must be fought on my turf".  This saddens me.

When in such situations, my tendency is to retreat from the forefront
and to selectively reinforce those who's opinion I share.  A +1 here.  A
quote and a hypertext link there.  Perhaps an occasional question.

What would I have done differently in this case?  Well, If I had a
question of the Tapestry folks, I would simply go ask them.

Retreating back into my hole,
- Sam Ruby