incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Proposal AGAIN
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 21:45:18 GMT
 > Also, are there any other Apache people (members, committers,
contributors, etc)
 > interested in joining this community?

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryProposal

Specifically:
"

[5] identify apache sponsoring individuals

Andrew C. Oliver

dIon Gillard
"

While there are others, I hadn't recorded them formally and I have a
sneaking suspicion there are more than stepped forward.

<extreme-honesty desiredactions="appreciate, ignore">
As for "what they get".. . Increased visibility, synergy and the
"Jakarta factor".  Sourceforge's servers
are down half the time, etc.  I see synergies starting between Velocity
and Turbine and maybe Jetspeed.
They've already noted gains in the project through re-structuring their
community to be an Apache-style community.

One thing we get is a great group of guys (I've grown to really respect
them and the way they work together as a community) who
can pump new blood and pragmatism into our community.  I think this is
not only a good match and Apache is good for Tapestry, but
I think these guys are super-good for Apache, especially Jakarta and
expect that they'll "fall" into other project and be a good influence on
the community.
</extreme-honesty>

-Andy