incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Incubator Sandbox
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:47:10 GMT
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:51:07AM -0500, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> > Correct. Morphos has (had?) a community, that broke up also because
> > there was not a real space where to collaborate. Jakarta Commons was
> > not open to XML people, you found the Commons mailing list too
> > chaotic, so I found myself alone. I don't want it to happen again.
> Yes.  As it stands the Apache Commons has dictated the same mailing list
> philosophy.  So I would in fact abandon it again if Apache Commons
> achieved success.

Hunh? I'm not sure that I follow this. What is the "mailing list philosophy"
that you're referring to? And, of course, since I don't understand *that*,
then I really don't understand the second part.

The meta-question is: is there something about Apache Commons that doesn't
seem right?

Cheers,
-g

--