incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Mother may I (was: Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?)
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:51:32 GMT
On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Sam Ruby wrote:
> To help facilitate this (as in, eliminating critical path items), I went
> ahead and created an *EMPTY* cvs repository, granted karma to acoliver
> and dion *ONLY*, and created the dev and user mailing list (a separate
> cvs mailing list will be created if that is desired outcome) with
> acoliver@apache.org as the initial moderator to both.

Make sure you create a tapestry-cvs@jakarta.apache.org alias forwarding to
the dev list, too.

BTW, one of the concerns I had about the incubator project was that
projects would be rooted at "incubator", e.g. the CVS repos would be
"/home/cvs/incubator-$project", the dev list at
$project-dev@incubator.apache.org, etc - and this would mean a lot of name
changing when a project moved out of the project.  However, you've set
this up so it's essentially inside the Jakarta project already.  That's a
nice way of avoiding the rename problem since we know where Tapestry would
go (discussion about making it a top-level project notwithstanding), but
is this a good pattern to set for the future?

	Brian